Pinwheel Baby Quilt

It's done! And its gone to its new owner who hopefully will love it til it falls apart.
I originally intended this quilt to be square. I had envisaged this as a square of pinwheels that graduated from colour to colour.

The colours didn't approve of that plan. When I laid it out and tried to get it to work, it just didn't happen. These are the Taffy Tonga Treats from Timeless Treasures (the Treats link goes to the strip version, but I started with 10" squares). And when I tried to pull out colours to make the pattern work as a square, it just didn't seem right. So, the square is a rectangle.
Simple borders are definitely my favorite kind.
I had considered creating a multi-coloured binding, but well... effort. Good god, the effort.

I also considered trying some fancy-schmancy, non-stitch in the ditch quilting. One of these days I'll be courageous enough to try it (although I'm wondering if I need a new foot for my machine before I'll be successful).
 But I'm happy with the outcome. Its cheerful and pretty and, possibly most importantly, done!

And I have a pile of excess HSTs! I'm not sure whether I should make another baby quilt in preparation for the next birth that comes along or to play with it and make something else completely. We shall see.

Comments

  1. Absolutely adorable. I think this is one of my favourite things you've done, though I can't put my finger on why. Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for rainbows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the "Anonymous" profile option isn't messing around, is it? That last comment was from me. :) -- Dixie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts